Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Blog 1



Monday was quite an exciting day, even for us snorkelers. I got to experience playful, defensive, and sometimes aggressive sea lions. They are fast and flip and swim in all directions. The babies were the most interested in us and the Bulls (the males) were the most defensive. At one point, while kayaking near the rocks that a ton of sea lions were occupying, the Bull moved from the rock into the water in an initial effort to protect that area. He made a move in my direction and at that point I was told to come back to the boat before I ended up in the water. 

This wasn't the only marine life I saw. There were a couple schools of Sargeant Majors that we saw in the rocky intertidal. 

I also saw pelicans looking for a meal all along bird island. According to Dr. Bennett, they are not very discriminatory eaters. 










1 comment: