Monday, May 29, 2017

Tommy guns and toppings

In my mind the last place you would except to find amazing pizza and wings was mexico but I was pleasantly suprised to find the opposite was true. After our trip to bird island where we scuba dived and snorkeled with the island inhabitants including groups of curious sea lions we made our way to Al Capons, a pizza and seafood resturant in the middle of town. The whole time I thought "pizza.... in Mexico, it's probably not that good" but my expectations were challenged by the unexpected. We sat at our both and went over the menu as the golden state vs spurs game played on the television. One of my group members and I decided to split a meal that basically amounted to carne asada nachos on a pizza along side a dozen bbq hot wings. We talked and laughed until the food was placed in front of us and for a split second it was silent like the calm before a storm, eventually our hunger got the best of us though and we all dug in. The food was amazing, on a scale of one to ten, ten being the best, it was a strong 8 maybe 8 1/2. It was not the best pizza I've ever had but a very, VERY strong contender state side or other wise. Our trip to Al Capons was a little slice of America in Mexico and a nice interlude to the food we've had thus far and the food we'd experience in the days to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment