Monday, May 29, 2017

From scrach; with love

After returning to CEDO on our last day I looked foward to a nice home cooked meal. The resturants we visited during the trip (though very good) can not compare to a meal made by people who have a passion for the food they prepare. Such people visited us on our last day in mexico. A lovely local women and her family came by CEDO to prepare a farewell dinner for us. We were told that the meal would likely be the culinary highlight of the trip. After our exam and presentations no time was wasted, the dinner bell was rung and dinner was served. I was the first to get a plate, not knowing how much food was made I did not want to miss out on the best she had to offer. I was by no means dossapointed, the food was beyond amazing hands down the best home cooked mexican food I have ever tasted. The ingredients were extremely fresh and you could pratically taste the love that went into cooking them. I could of kissed the women who blessed us all with that amazing meal, I refrained from doing so and chose instead to thank her and her family profusely. After our amazing dinner we capped the day off with a night of talking, laughing, dancing, and smores around a camp fire as we recapped our week long adventure in Puerto Penasco. Our last night in mexico was a memory I won't soon forget and if I ever have the chance to spend time there again I will look up the women who cooked for us on our last night because I will most definitely be staying with her.

1 comment:

  1. Sally Mesarosh and the Marketing Dept. at MCCMay 30, 2017 at 2:14 PM

    We are all loving your blog and sharing it on MCC's social media pages! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete